|Meeting notes as they occurred in 2018:
Jan 8: No Event Scheduled
Feb 12: An informal “get-to-gather” at Last Chance hosted by Morissette"s.
Mar 12: An informal “get-to-gather” at Last Chance hosted by Christiansen"s. A good crowd of 23 people attended and they reviewed and discussed the trips scheduled for 2018.
April 9: The meeting was held at Barb & Norm’s RV Storage and the delicious meal was provided by DJ
The Invocation was given by Stan Jensen
Vice President Jerry Gilbert called they meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
There is a balance of $1488.00 in the treasury per Cheryl Stockton
Ross Johnson is in Hospice care
We had 23 members in attendance tonight. New members Bob & Jane Nitchals and Paul &
Marjorie Lakey were introduced and they told a little about themselves
Pat Bollier spoke about the trip for the LPGA trip on June 20. At this time they have 3 signed up. See Information on the website
A trip was discussed to Mountain View Sept 14-18. Margaret Sarver would like help to plan the trip.
(She will be unable to attend)
Next meeting will be May 14th at El Jimador. Buffet will be $12.00 per person
Vice President adjourned the meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Submitted by Nancy Gilbert, as Secretary was absent.
May 14: The May meeting was a Mexican Buffet at El Jimador Hosted by the Gilbert’s (Nancy & Jerry)
President Steve Seitz called the meeting to order at 6 p.m. and Bill Shy gave the invocation.
Treasury: Cheryl Stockton reported a current balance of $ 1534.11
Sunshine: Neala Gunderson (Not here) – No known reports from attendees
Trip Reports past and upcoming (See Roadrunner Web page)
- The meeting notes are on the web page and the web page is up to date.
- Emails were sent for the meeting announcements
- Emails notified former Roadrunners past away: Ross Johnson and Camilla Troth
- We have __57__ people in attendance tonight
- We had 1 new family join since our last meeting: Tom & Sharon Cortes. The Cortes gave a brief introduction
Bob & Jane NITCHALS, and Paul & Marjorie LAKEY last month
- Guests tonight include Ron & Debbie Greiner, Carl Foley & Angie Tillery, Larry & Marian Thiel, They each gave a little history and background as introductions to the group
- We currently have 38 paid family members (Rigs) in 2018
- April 8 – Habitat in Jonesborough TN –Mary Christians gave a recap of the event
- April 15 Lexington KY - Mary Seitz summarized the activities.
- April 25LA Cajun -Tom & Eddie Burns attended and they suggested roadrunners attend next year.
- June 20 LGPA trip to Springdale AR – Steve mentioned the trip that is upcoming next month.
- July thru Sept CANADA – Charles Stockton gave an overview and invited others to join them
Mar 31- Apr 4, 2019 – Cajun RV Rally in Rayne LA
Thoughts and plans the balance for 2018:
We still need to add additional trips for 2018 (Any input?)
Any additional Items from the floor : There was discussion about the promotion available at Llano Grande Resort in the Texas Valley (two weeks free to first time visitors). Eddie Burns suggested you contact the park early because it fills up fast.
Nancy Gilbert told of a possible new location for Club meetings – The Fuel Stop/Police Academy.
Next Event: The next Meeting will be June 11 – hosted by Pat & Winnie Perilloux. It will be at the Cortez Pavillion and will be catered by DJ. Watch for upcoming Emails for details.
The President adjourned the meeting at 7:06 p.m.
June 11 - HSV Roadrunner Meeting Minutes
The President, Steve Seitz, called the June 2018 HSV Roadrunner Meeting to order at 6:07 p.m., with 42 registered attendees. The event was hosted by Pat & Winnie Perilloux.
The meeting was held at the Cortez Pavilion in Hot Springs Village, with DJ catering. Each member was asked to wear a tee shirt displaying the name of a service organization where they participate.
The innovation was given by Roger Jobe.
The President asked members who wore a service organization tee shirt to speak about their organization and service. Those members not wearing a service organization tee shirt were asked to donate $1.
The President reported General Postings:
A Club bank balance of $1,434.11. Treasurer Cheryl Stockton was absent.
- A card was sent to Don and Mary Fisher by the Sunshine representative Neala Gunderson (absent).
- There are 42 paid family memberships (rigs).
- All meeting minutes are posted on the web page, hsvroadrunner.com.
- An email was sent notifying members of the passing of former Roadrunner members, Ross Johnson and Camilla Troth.
- Three new families joined the Club this month, Don and Kay Dunn, Ron and Deborah Greiner, Bob and Jane Mitchell. All gave a brief introduction.
- Guests for the night were Greg and Bertie Bloxom. They gave a brief introduction.
- Pat Bollier gave an update on the June 20 LGPA trip. 7 Rigs are currently signed-up to attend.
- Steve Seitz spoke about the upcoming July – September Canadian trip.
- Steve Seitz told of a potential 2019 trip to Lafayette Louisiana – details pending.
- New member, Deborah Greiner suggested a trip in September to the Blue Grass Festival in Kentucky. There was discussion on potential trips to Tennessee (on the way to Blue Grass Festival trip), Lake De Gray State Park at Thanksgiving, a New Orleans French Quarter Festival trip in 2019, and to Mountain View in September.
- The President encouraged the membership to consider coordinating new trips and to contact him with interest.
- Roger Jobe said a HSV resident left with him a 13 foot awning screen enclosure. If interested contact Roger – free to any member.
- Bob Christians talked about RV security. He designed a PVC pipe candle holder that disguises a can of wasp and hornet spray. He suggested keeping the spray handy by the front door or by your bed. Bob had some holders and candles available free to members at the meeting.
- The President said there will be an email announcement soon about upcoming wagon master training.
There will be no Club meeting in July. The next meeting will be August 13, hosted by George and Pat Bollier. Meeting details will be distributed in a future email.
The President adjourned the meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting minutes submitted by Roger Jobe, Secretary.
July 9 - No Meeting
August 13 -