We are a non-profit travel club for RV'rs living in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. To join the club, contact the Membership Chairperson. First time membership fee of $40 (updated 1/11/16) includes membership packet, roster, and roadrunner name badges (2 at $10 ea) (updated 1/11/16). Thereafter, the annual dues are $20 per rig and are due October through December for the next year. Members may sign up for any of the scheduled trips by contacting the Wagonmaster and paying a $10 non-refundable deposit for that trip. There is no charge for Wagonmaster services other than actual costs such as camping fees and activities during the trip.
Tax ID #80 0663283
BYLAWS Of HOT SPRINGS VILLAGE ROADRUNNERS
(Established February 1987)
The following are as of November 2, 2015
ARTICLE 1 - NAME
The name of this club will be the HOT SPRINGS VILLAGE ROADRUNNERS
ARTICLE2 - OBJECT
This is a non-profit organization with the objectives of meeting socially, sharing the experiences of camping, going on camping trips and hearing speakers on related subjects. The monies generated by the club will be utilized for the benefit of the membership. (Revised May 2008)
ARTICLE 3 - MEMBERS
Members will be anyone who has an RV. Members who no longer have an RV or have moved from the Village will be permitted to enroll as Associate Members. A membership fee will be due on October 1 and delinquent after the January meeting. Associate member fees are the same as the regular membership fee. Delinquent members will be dropped from the membership roles and be ineligible to participate in all activities of the club until dues are paid. (Revised Nov 2015)
ARTICLE 4 - OFFICERS AND ELECTIONS
1. The officers shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. No two persons from the same family may serve as officers during the same year. The positions of President & Vice President and the positions of Secretary & Treasurer may be combined if necessary. (Revised Nov 2015)
2. The officers shall be limited to two consecutive years in the same position.
3. The nominating committee chairperson shall be appointed by the President in January. There will be at least three (3) members on the nominating committee. The current President shall not be a member of the nominating committee. (Revised Nov 2015)
4. The nominating committee will present their slate of officers at the October meeting, at which time the President will call for nominations from the floor. All persons to be nominated must have already agreed to serve if elected.
5. The election of officers will be held at the November meeting. The officers will be elected by a majority vote of those members in attendance.
6. The newly elected officers will be installed at the December meeting and assume their duties immediately.
ARTICLE 5 - DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
1. The President shall preside at all meetings, represent the club in the community and participate in community affairs when called upon to do so. He/she appoints chairpersons for all committees necessary to conduct all activities of the club. All committees report to the President. Suggested committees are in the Club Policies and Procedures.
2. The Vice-President shall assume the responsibilities of the President in the absence or inability of the President. He/she shall also be the Program Chairperson and have speakers or special events as appropriate.
3. The Secretary (or designated seretary) is responsible for taking the minutes of all General meetings and keeping such. The Secretary shall have special announcements, recommended and/or approved Bylaw changes, and approved Policies and Procedures changes Emailed to the membership. The Secretary shall provide a copy of the meeting minutes to the Webmaster for posting on the Roadrunner web page. (Revised Nov 2015)
4. The Treasurer shall have charge of all monies of the club and shall make a financial report at all regular meetings, shall pay all bills upon valid receipts, keep an itemized record of all receipts and expenditures, and turn over to the audit chairperson, within ten (10) days of vacating office, all books, records and papers.
METHOD OF AMENDING THE BY-LAWS
Any amendment to the by-laws must be made in the following manner: The proposed amendment will be read at a General monthly meeting, and/or emailed to the membership. At a General meeting following General meeting of the proposed amendment will be brought before the group for discussion and voted on. The amendment will be passed or rejected by a vote of the simple majority of those present with the President voting only in case of a tie vote. All proposed Bylaw changes must be submitted to the Secretary, in writing, prior to the meeting in which they are first submitted to the group. (Revised Nov 2001) (Revised Nov 2015)
Hot Springs VILLAGE ROADRUNNERS
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The following are as of November 2, 2015
Combined travel/dinner/business meetings are typically held on the second Monday of each month unless a change is announced 30 days or more prior to the scheduled event. The meal for a non-member speaker, and guest, will be at the club’s expense.If a member makes a dinner reservation and does not cancel at least 1 day prior to the meeting and does not attend the meeting, they will be billed for the cost of the meal. (Revised Nov 2011) (Revised Nov 2015)
Trip sign-up fees shall be used at the discretion of the Wagonmaster(s) to cover incidental expenses, such as postage, copies, coffee, refreshments, campground meeting space fees, etc. Also, at their discretion, Wagonmasters(s) may refund any excess or apply it to campground fees for the group. (Revised January 2008)
The checking account shall be in the name of Hot Springs Village Roadrunners and have no monthly service charge. The Treasurer and any number of elected officers are to have signature authority. The Auditor or Audit Committee will verify club account ten (10) to thirty (30) days prior to the Treasurer vacating office, or annually if requested by the President. (Revised Nov 2015)
The first time membership fee includes the first year’s dues plus the cost of name tags. A membership roster will be provided each member by email. The current Bylaws and Policies and Procedures will be provided on the Roadrunner web page. Optional Roadrunner RV license plates are available for purchase, if a manufacture source if found. The annual dues thereafter will be $20.00 per rig (or family unit.) (Revised Jan 2008) (Revised Nov 2015)
The President will appoint as many as needed the following volunteer committee chairpersons to assist in administration of the organization: Audit, Chaplain, Christmas Party, Dinner Meetings, Membership, Nominating, Publicity, RV Driver Education, Sunshine, Communications, Travel, and Web Page. Each chairperson shall recruit as many committee members as needed. The President will supply each committee chairperson a current copy of their duties. The President will supply each committee chairperson a current copy f their duties by referring them to the Roadrunner web page. An annual organizational meeting will be conducted by the President for all the officers and committee chairpersons. Expenses for this meeting, not to exceed $6.00 per person, will be paid by the club. (Revised Nov 2015)
Attachments to name badges will be provided to Past Presidents to identify their service to the club.
Surviving spouses of members will be extended a lifetime associate membership in the club. The Secretary will prepare a letter, for the President’s signature, of condolence and reminder that the surviving spouse is welcome to continue to attend all club functions for as long as they please. If a surviving spouse, who is a life member, remarries, then he or she shall have the option of either becoming a dues paying active or a dues paying associate member.
METHOD OF AMENDING THE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
A motion for amendment can be made at any scheduled General business meeting. If seconded, a discussion as to the validity of the amendment will be held. The proposal will then be emailed to the membership and then voted upon by the membership at the next regularly scheduled General meeting. A majority vote of the members present passes the amendment. (Revised Nov 2015)